- Approves new biomedical equipment by conducting tests; ensuring adherence to codes; making modifications.
- Installs new biomedical equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating, and testing performance.
- Maintains biomedical equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules; conducting tests; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions; calling for special service; evaluating service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories.
- Directs biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation demonstrations; instructing other healthcare staff in use and care of equipment; answering questions; providing information.
- Evaluates proposed biomedical equipment by conducting tests and evaluations.
- Improves biomedical equipment performance by studying machine-patient interaction; conferring with equipment users; developing modifications; collaborating with equipment manufacturers.
- Maintains biomedical equipment supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests; recommending and complying with procedures; training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel; complying with codes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Qualifications for the Position:
Graduate of Consumer Electronics or any related courses